|Divine-|-Essence|
|Divine-|-Essence|
|Divine-|-Essence|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forum

Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_mini_portalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inGrand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_mini_portal
Alright, new forums and new thread on GC soon.

Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!

Go down 
+2
DarkShadow18
SaiXiamaru
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! Empty
PostSubject: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Hail, Knights!

With a little over a month since the dust settled on "The Young and the Wrestless", it's time to bring you a new tournament, the sixth so far, "Warlord's Gambit". We are moving back to the 3v3 team format, however we are changing the battle mode to the popular Honor Guard style from the Christmas event.

To facilitate practicing for the Honor Guard format, it will be enabled with the patch on Tuesday, April 7th. This will give teams two days to train, but don't forget that the Warlord is chosen randomly! Also, please bear in mind that all equipment stats and special effects (tiger roll, no MP loss, et cetera) are neutralized in this format, and all characters function with equal stats (Warlord stats are increased, of course).

We are allowing each team to field three (3) players. However, please be aware that the Team Captain will be the main point of contact in Registration, Match Start and in each round thereafter. Differing from the Cry Havoc tournament though, there will be no registration e-mails, and players are free to change their character/job at any time prior to the beginning of *each* match.

Who: 64 teams of 3 (192 players total) with no level restrictions whose Team Captain registers their team on a first-come, first-served basis on the official Tournament Registration thread. Furthermore, the next 16 valid team entries on the Tournament Registration thread will be entered into a Satelite Tournament for a chance at taking a spot in the playoffs. All participants’ accounts must have been registered before March 1st, 2009. All participants must have a valid Grand Chase play account and forum account all in good standing (if your Play account or your forum account is banned, you will be disqualified).

What: Single-elimination 3 vs. 3 Honor Guard tournament.

When:
• Round of 64: 5:00 PM PDT, Thursday, April 9th (End time will be updated later)
• Satelite: 3:30 PM PDT, Friday, April 10th
• Remaining Rounds: 5:00 PM PDT, Friday, April 10th (End Time will be updated later)

Where: Gorgos Server, Free Class PvP, in rooms specifically created and supervised by the GM staff. Team Captains will be invited to the room when their time comes, so ALL PLAYERS must be available at their appointed/scheduled match time (Unless stated otherwise by the GM Staff).

Why: To bring back a chaotic format that equalizes the competition and puts the focus on improvisation.

All Game Stats:
Category: Team
Mode: Honor Guard
Map: Elven Forest
Room Size: 6
Items: Off

Satelite Tournament: In the past, we have taken a list of 5 or so "alternates" who will appear in the first round of a tournament to replace competitors who don't show up for their matches. Although this could conceivably give a chance to a deserving player, there is no guarantee that an alternate will be called. Because of this, alternates essentially have to wait out the full duration of the tournament, and all that time could just be wasted. Another big problem we've run into in two-day tournaments is getting all of the teams who won on the first day to show up for the second!

So, to address both issues (I said address, not solve!), we will be allowing the next 16 valid team registrations on the official thread to play against each other in a "satelite tournament" on FRIDAY morning, to replace no-shows in the SECOND round of tournament play.

In the event that a competing team who won on Thursday does not report for their match on Friday, alternate teams will be called based first on their placement in the Satelite Tournament, then on the order of their registration. The winner of the satelite tournament gets the first available seat, followed by second place. Third and Fourth place will be distinguished by which the two runners-up in the semi-finals registered first on the official registration thread. Runners-up in the quarter-final satelite round will determine fifth through eigth place based on the order of their registration, and so on.

Prizes:
Notes: Each prize listed in the highest tier a team qualifies for will be given to all three registered team members on the roster, Armor Sets will be given for the character played in the tournament.

PRIZE DETAILS TO BE DETERMINED

Last edited by SaiXiamaru on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make It Look A Bit More Professional.)
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow18
Slave
Slave
DarkShadow18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

oopsies nvm afro
Back to top Go down
|Shadow|
Reflective Creator
Reflective Creator
|Shadow|

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 am

Wow this is a great idea, good job mike possibly I will try and make these type of posts, maybe i can divide them later on after someone posts them.

Thanks for the post.

Admin |Shadow|
Back to top Go down
http://idivine-i-essencei.webs.com/
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:10 am

sweet Very Happy

Anytime!
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow18
Slave
Slave
DarkShadow18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 am

weoweowoeo wi still un get it T.T Question
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:59 am

Just basic stuf like on GC when a GMs there.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow18
Slave
Slave
DarkShadow18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:44 am

ooooooooooooooh okay!
Back to top Go down
SaiXenon
Slave
Slave
SaiXenon

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 am

We have to take part in this! kick their asses Razz watcha say mike? me you and jorgey?
Back to top Go down
|Shadow|
Reflective Creator
Reflective Creator
|Shadow|

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 am

Yea come on lets get our guild thrown into the mix!

Admin |Shadow|
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:49 am

haha yes indeed The Sai gets to fight as one again!

and yea Shadow, were already representig Divine Essence!

Our team name is Divine Essence which is me jorgie and amu.

Knowing us were ganan make it to the top hopefully which will get people to say "ohh team Divine is on top 4" or something and later when we release the guild there ganna be like hey look its Divine Essence!
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow18
Slave
Slave
DarkShadow18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

i still dun get your post x.x i mean im so lazy to read T.T
p.s. shadow, just because mike and i are really active in the forums and trying to keep this guild's forum thingy up, you dun have to lock things x.x
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:05 pm

what do you eman you don get it its n othign to not understand i mean its just the tournement!

This is just telling you what its going to be about and stuff. your making it a big deal. and Shadow does have a point! you double posted and i couldn let that happen.

Shadow should make it so that there is a lilmit as to the amount of words you have in a post and also blocking the double post like on GCforums.
Back to top Go down
|Shadow|
Reflective Creator
Reflective Creator
|Shadow|

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Well the thing is I tried to block the double posting and how many words you can type in this place, but the point system seems to be a bit complicated,

I wanted it to where it would take off points if you did double post. Or someone could report the post and you would get points subtracted for a bad post. Of course I would have to check the post before deducting points.

Shadow
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 pm

thats cool like are we going to have like a lil +12 or somethign next to our names that would be badass and well it ganna have to be manually but hey thats why your moderator Very Happy kekeke
Back to top Go down
|Shadow|
Reflective Creator
Reflective Creator
|Shadow|

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm

yea, well the point system, I would have to wipe the forum, wipe post count. And then post in vent when you can start posting again for points.

Admin |Shadow|
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:09 pm

good enough for me Very Happy yeaaaahh this is ganan be awesome! kekeke good thinking though.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow18
Slave
Slave
DarkShadow18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 pm

LOL, sorry mike and ike...curse my laziness
Back to top Go down
ProSubmariner
Slave
Slave
ProSubmariner

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:13 am

sooo wut r we talking about here?
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow18
Slave
Slave
DarkShadow18

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:18 am

not sure, what ever mike is talking about =P
Back to top Go down
ProSubmariner
Slave
Slave
ProSubmariner

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:25 am

like how pro that melonhead is?
Back to top Go down
|Shadow|
Reflective Creator
Reflective Creator
|Shadow|

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 am

the melon head is gonna be pro weowoewoeow,

but before that don't you think we should have a bit of a guild survival to start this entire thing off Wink.

Admin |Shadow|
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:37 am

DAVID ALL THIS TOPIC IS IS A IMFORMATIVE OF THE TOURNY!

and yea we should have a guild survival and 3v3 so that we can practice for the WarLords Gambit!

Meh this is ganna be so awesome cant wait! AMU DON D/C ON US YOU ASS!
Back to top Go down
ProSubmariner
Slave
Slave
ProSubmariner

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 am

mike if u face our team, ur asses r gona get handed to us
Back to top Go down
SaiXiamaru
Slave
Slave
SaiXiamaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:17 am

Not really the only thing would be fatal but then again i can just rape youwith my savior and well ill get amu to fs all over the map and rape you through your nose..

you have david and spammy, we kill spammy (jorgies lire) well kill you ( me and amu) and well david should be rusty which is really good for us hahaha hahahahah hahah hahahah*copies mandarks laugh* (dextar's secret labotroy cartoon)

ps. (100 post even though it doesn matter yet)
Back to top Go down
|Shadow|
Reflective Creator
Reflective Creator
|Shadow|

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 pm

lol, 100 posts already wow I am gonna go ahead and wipe your post count in a bit mister!

hmm well I have learned something from amu that was very interesting and I think I am gonna go level my lire now.

Admin |Shadow|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!   Grand Chase Tournament!  "WarLord's Gambit"! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Chase Tournament! "WarLord's Gambit"!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next